Parent Effectiveness Course (3 Saturdays: 18/5,25/5,1/6)
Are you tired of nagging, yelling and fighting with your children? Are you tired of having to break up fights between siblings? Wishing you had more co-operation? Or that you had some understanding as to how you can communicate with your child?
Do you also wish to be a parent whom can support a child through a problem without "fixing" it for them? Whether you are a parent of a preschooler or a teen, parenting can be pretty damn hard!
Join us over 3 days for the Parent Effectiveness Training course on 18, 25 May and 1 June 2019 from 9 - 5 PM.
Parent Effectiveness Training is a tried and tested international program by Dr Thomas Gordon, award-winning psychologist and Nobel Peace Prize Nominee. A program for parents of children of all ages, proven to raise compassionate and responsible children, we believe that it is especially suitable for parents of children aged 3 years old and above.
HOW YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN WILL BENEFIT
- Your children will feel free to discuss their problems and concerns with you instead of withdrawing.
- They will learn self-discipline, self-control and an inner sense of personal responsibility.
- You will learn how to work with each other instead of against each other.
- You’ll experience fewer angry outbursts and more problem-solving.
- Everyone can participate in rule-setting so all will feel motivated to comply with the rules.
- Fewer power struggles–less tension, less resentment, more fun, more peace, more love.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to talk to your children so that they will listen to you.
- How to listen to your children so they feel genuinely understood.
- How to resolve conflicts and problems in your family so that no one loses and problems stay solved.
- A method for troubleshooting family problems and knowing which skills to use to solve them.
ABOUT YOUR FACILITATORS
Your facilitators are Shumei Winstanley and Elizabeth Wu.
Shumei Winstanley is co-founder of Chapter Zero Singapore, a mother of two girls, a qualified disputes lawyer and a mediator. She has completed training (at various levels) in Resources for Infant Educarers (RIE®), Nonviolent Communication, Pikler® Pedgagogy and now, Parent Effectiveness Training. Having worked for a decade in conflict resolution, she is excited to bring her expertise in this area to the parent-child relationship and help parents negotiate conflict with their children, as well as help parents negotiate conflict between siblings, and their partners / spouses.
Elizabeth Wu is co-founder and COO of Trehaus. She is a mother of 3 children, and an established educator, having taught children from preschool to tertiary level. She blogs at motherkao.com. Since completing P.E.T Instructor's Training, she has found that her relationships with her children to be more deeply connected, and she wants to equip parents with the same skills to be able to listen to their children well, as well as talk to their children so that they will listen.
The cost of this program is $499 per person, or $449 per person if you sign up together with your partner, spouse or alternative caregiver of your child. This is the full 24 hour official P.E.T program which is run internationally and endorsed by Gordon Training International. This course is limited to 12 parents.
One scholarship position is available. We would like to award this scholarship to a single parent, a parent from an ethnic minority background, and/or a parent who is having financial difficulties affording our course fees. To apply, please write to us at email@example.com and provide us with more information for our consideration.
- The event description was updated. Diff#433566 2019-05-12 06:12:14
[ Sat ] - [ Sat ]
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM SGT
Single SOLD OUT $499.00 Couple / Bring a Friend SOLD OUT $449.00 Single - Megha SOLD OUT $499.00
- Venue Address
- 442 Orchard Road, #03-01 Singapore
Chapter Zero Singapore985 Followers